Saturday, December 18, 2010

Good Ole Christmas fun making mess!

This week has been full of Christmas fun! It was Reese's last day of school yesterday and her Christmas party! I forgot my camera...so mad...but she had a great time! They made gingerbread houses, ate Christmas lunch and played pin the nose on Rudolph! Speaking of reindeer...

Hadley has been wearing these since yesterday...Reese got them at her party!
To continue with the gingerbread...we made a "village" of our own! I had promised Reese we would do this...lots of fun...lots of mess!

Reese and I had a great time (actually she did 95% of the work and I watched and cheered her on). Reese was her typical self..."one piece of candy for the house...one piece for me!"
This was a good little kit that I got at Target for $10...totally worth it! It was actually a Reindeer flight school kit...complete with a Tree, Large House, Santa sleigh, Reindeer and a flight school. Of course it does annoy me that I am pretty sure the picture on the box was done by some pastry chef...but they can't touch what Reese did!

Reese also helped me with a little treat for all of her friends at school. We made chocolate snowmen hats. I have to give a disclaimer to say that the ones we actually took to school looked pretty good...these were the "rejects" that did not make the cut...but I forgot to take pictures of the process or the good ones! This was another project that when doing with your child is lots of fun and a lot of mess!
They were really easy....and good! Just use Oreo cookies for the bottom, large marshmallows for the top, Bakers semi sweet melting chocolate to cover and crystal sprinkles for some "magic".
1) This step is optional...cut about 1/4 off of the marshmallows (I thought the hat looked too tall)
2) Melt the chocolate squares...we made 20 hats..and used 8 squares of chocolate I think
3) coat each cookie then lay on wax paper
4) coat each marshmallow and place one on top of each cookie
5) sprinkle with some fun
6) let them harden and then enjoy
We put them in clear baggies with little snowmen tags and they were really cute!

No comments: