Friday, June 22, 2012

They are Home!

I am sure that Jonathan and Caitlin are not super excited about me posting a picture of them in their favorite outfits matching hospital gowns...but seriously I am so excited to see them up, around and smiling together!
Jonathan and Caitlin are both at home together living the good life, trying to rest and recover!  As Jonathan's sister, I still can not even believe that this actually happened.  It still seems surreal, it seemed like a dream when we found out that Caitlin was a match...and now that the transplant has actually happened I still can't wrap my mind around it.  I can only imagine how they feel actually walking through this themselves!

I have said many times that it truly is a miracle...and it is, but I know that God has known all along that this was his plan.

So, I am continuing to pray that Jonathan and Caitlin are both able to recover and that the kidney will function well and that Jonathan's body will not reject it.

I know that their road to recovery will be a long one (I still remember 12 years ago taking care of my mom and Jonathan after the first transplant...and it was hard for both of them).  But, I am confident that day by day they will get stronger and stronger.

I posted here a few days ago about a news story that a Dallas ABC station did on them.  Well, they did another story on the ABC National News following the surgery.  Here is the link if you are interested.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/man-kidney-disease-finds-perfect-match-bride/story?id=16628049

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still find my mind drifting to Jonathan and Caitlin throughout each day, praying for them and hopeful every day is better in their recovery. So thankful to be able to witness this miracle. Love you guys!

rashel said...

hey, it's Rashel. No clue why it says "anonymous".